Xiangyang Master Plan and Streetscape Urban Design
Planning for one of China’s oldest cities
- The plans envision an eco-friendly environment, emphasising the ancient city’s rich heritage.
- The historic city wall and its old axis are further strengthened with a new city gate.
- Across the Han river, a new central business district is proposed with a civic centre that forms a new central city axis.
At A Glance
Location: Xiangyang city, Hubei Province, China
Xiangyang City Planning Bureau
Scope of Work:
MP Strategic Planning, MP Concept Planning, MP Detailed Planning, MP Urban Design
- The plans focused on urban development in harmony with nature.
- Extensive green belts were introduced.
- Neighbourhoods and precincts of varying densities were planned to take advantage of waterfront and scenic views.
- Roads were designed to slow down the speed of vehicles, encouraging more walkable streets.
Green ribbons meander through towns to the waterfront
Home to one of the last intact city walls