Changdao County Master Plan
Unleashing one of China's natural gems
- One of China’s most beautiful island groups.
- Strengthen Changdao’s five major islands as a tourist destination while keeping its unspolit beauty.
- Focus on enhancing connectivity within and between the islands and the mainland.
- Include a network of cycling paths and green linkages.
This was the scene of the legendary eight immortals
- A major challenge was balancing the development of tourist attractions while retaining the islands’ rustic charm.
- The mix of attractions and facilities were carefully planned for each island.
- It was also proposed that the ferry terminal area at Penglai be developed with a similar island feel for a seamless experience.
At A Glance
Location: Yantai City, Shandong Province, China
Changdao County Construction Bureau
Scope of Work:
MP Concept Planning, MP Detailed Planning, MP Urban Design